Our specialist family barristers combine expert advice and advocacy with the kindness and diplomacy so badly needed during both public and private law proceedings.
We often handle cases involving domestic violence and other forms of abuse, representing victims as well as alleged perpetrators. We always appreciate how important it is to deal with these cases in a tactful but nevertheless proactive way.
The team is regularly instructed by local solicitors for lay clients, guardians, Western Circuit and Welsh Local Authorities.
We’re involved in all these types of work:
Public Law Children
- Non-accidental injuries to children
- Parental addictions
- Mental illness
- Physical and emotional abuse
- Domestic violence
- Special Guardianship
- Contact with a child in care
- Contact with a child under a placement order
- The Official Solicitor.
Private Law Children
All s8 Children Act matters including:
- Contact Applications
- Residence applications
- Removal from the jurisdiction and Child Abduction
- Applications for a Prohibited Steps Order
- Applications for a Specific Issue Order
- Enforcement applications
- 4 guardians
- Local Authority involvement
- Allegations of domestic violence
- Allegations of child abuse
All family law injunctions, including:
- Non-molestation Orders under Family Law Act 1996
- Occupation Orders under Family Law Act 1996
- Protection against forced marriage Orders under Forced Marriage (Civil Protection) Act 2007