George Threlfall combines powerful court-room presence with a natural ability to communicate with clients and juries. In every case in which he is instructed his advice and approach are informed by the exceptional depth of his experience of criminal proceedings.
He is known for:
- the impact and eloquence of his advocacy, which has the capacity to cut through the technicalities and speak to the real human issues at the heart of the case
- his willingness to listen to and seek to understand every client he represents, find the good in them and then express that good to the court
- his commitment to his clients’ interests
- the breadth and depth of his experience of criminal proceedings, ranging from diversion frauds to drugs conspiracies, from murder to historic sexual offending
George is also known for his work in defending allegations of white-collar crime.
Examples of recent and current work include:
- R v W: attempted murder
- R v W: rape and indecent assault
- R v T: conspiracy to manufacture MDMA (represented client with doctorate in chemistry)
- R v X: grooming allegations; presently listed for 6–8 week trial
- R v D: firearms