Robert has extensive experience at all levels of Court up to the Court of Appeal in a wide variety of Family Law related areas including the following.
- Ancillary Relief and cohabitee disputes concerning the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996. His experience includes a number high net worth cases but also includes more modest asset cases where it might be said that the outcome is of greater significance to the parties. His experience in commercial and chancery law means that he is able to tackle matters normally outside of the range of the family practitioner.
- Care Proceedings including dealing with serious allegations made against a parent and cross-examination of experts,
- Private Children Act matters where often money is tight following the breakdown of the relationship. Robert is able to deal with the negotiation extremely effectively and keep the cost down to a minimum in a lot of matters.
- Court of Protection. Although the law and statutory basis of this area is very different from other family matters, Robert is familiar with this area of the law generally representing family members who need to ensure that their case is put appropriately and economically to the Court.
- Inheritance and Probate. Again, Robert’s Chancery experience has proved to be invaluable in this area where they may be the challenge to a Will or a Claim made by a Dependent, adult or otherwise.
Professional Negligence Bar Association
Robert enjoys fairly substantial DIY and property renovation, walking (with large dog!) but as a single parent has little time left for interests. These are many – including history, architecture, painting – both viewing and painting his own, theatre and travel.