Seán is a practitioner specialising in all aspects of Employment Law. Seán has over 10-years’ experience advising and representing parties before the Employment Tribunal and Civil Courts. Seán has built up particular expertise in – and is regularly instructed on – high value, complex and sensitive reputational disputes involving leading corporates, government bodies, and senior executives’, professional bodies such as the NHS, and Charities. He has developed a national practice with a client base that encompasses a diverse range of sectors and industries. Seán has been involved in many complex multi-day public interest/discrimination cases acting for and advising both Claimants and Respondents nationally.
Seán also has experience of obtaining successful outcomes at Judicial Mediation.
Seán is qualified to work on a direct access basis.
– representing a national care home against claims of unfair dismissal and race discrimination;
– representing a university against claims of race and sex discrimination, resulting in a cost hearing against the claimant and her representatives;
– representing a claimant who brought claims of unfair dismissal and age discrimination against a national bakery company;
– representing a national hotel chain against claims of unfair dismissal and age discrimination;
– representing a higher education college against claims of direct race and sex discrimination;
– representing a well-known charity against a former accountant employee’s claims of whistleblowing and constructive unfair dismissal whose claims had been remitted by the EAT;
– representing a claimant against his former housing association who brought claims of direct race discrimination, harassment and victimisation: a settlement offer was finally agreed;
– representing a claimant who brought claims of whistle-blowing, direct and indirect disability discrimination and a reasonable adjustment claim against the Ministry of Justice;
– representing a national disability charity against a claim of unfair dismissal.
– representing a national motor parts supplier against claims of direct discrimination on grounds of pregnancy or maternity, harassment on grounds of sex, unfair dismissal and automatically unfair dismissal (s. 99 ERA and Regulation 20, Maternity & Parental Leave Regulations, 1999) (“MPL Regs”);
– representing a national fast food company against claims of whistleblowing and unfair dismissal.Contact Us