Victoria joined Chambers in October 2014 after the successful completion of her pupillage, and has developed a busy practice since then. She accepts instructions from claimants and respondents and deals with all stages of proceedings. She is often instructed in complex multi-day hearings as well as providing written advice on liability and remedy.
Victoria deals with all areas of employment including discrimination, harassment, unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and constructive dismissal.
Recent cases include
- Successfully achieving compensation of approximately £45,000 while representing a claimant at a four day hearing involving claims for disability discrimination, failure to make reasonable adjustments and unfair dismissal.
- Acting for a claimant in a four day merits hearing concerning sex discrimination and harassment, which included claims for automatic unfair dismissal, victimisation and post-termination victimisation relating to a protected disclosure.
- Representing a claimant making claims for religious discrimination and harassment. The case involved a colleague making a derogatory comment towards the claimant and the subsequent management of the grievance raised.
- Successfully representing a respondent in a two day merits hearing concerning constructive unfair dismissal following the investigation of the claimant for apparent wrongdoing.
- Representing a claimant who was found to have suffered a detriment after making qualifying disclosures whilst working in the health and social care sector.
- Successfully representing the first respondent employer in a wrongful dismissal claim brought in the county court, which concerned a claim of constructive dismissal after a CRB check revealed previously undisclosed criminal convictions.
- Acting for a respondent accused of disability discrimination, harassment and victimisation and achieving a result where all claims against her client were dismissed.
2011 to 2012 BPTC, University of the West of England (Outstanding)
2007 to 2010 Law LLB, University of Bristol
Inner Temple Pegasus Scholarship, 2016
Inner Temple Outstanding BPTC Prize, July 2012
Victoria is a qualified SCUBA diver and enjoys singing.