We pride ourselves on being truly approachable and helpful; we believe this makes our service more flexible and ultimately more successful. By listening to you we can reach the heart of the problem quicker.
Unlike many chambers, there is a strong collaborative atmosphere at Queen’s Square Chambers. We are committed to helping each other develop in our work, which only benefits our clients.
Our chambers have been here in Bristol for more than 40 years, and today we provide a distinguished and trustworthy service, working across the whole of England and Wales from our base in Bristol and Cardiff.
How we help protect the environment
We want our workplace to be safe and healthy and we aim to minimise our potential impact on the environment, and we meet all relevant environmental legislation and work hard to follow environmental best practice. Here are some of the things we do:
- Encourage our entire team to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Minimise waste by ensuring our processes are as efficient as possible.
- Reduce waste by recycling paper, plastics, cardboard, glass and ink cartridges, and by purchasing recycled or refurbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used.
- Promote energy efficiency by:
- Shutting down computers daily
- Switching off monitors
- Switching off copiers/printers
- Switching off fans, heaters, chargers
- Turning off lights
- Avoiding unnecessary printing
- Printing double-sided where possible
- Communicating by email where possible
Our ethical principles
Our ethical principles are really important to us. They are the values that set the ground rules for all that we do. Here they are:
We do not say things that are false and never deliberately mislead. We are as open as possible.
We go to great lengths to keep our commitments, and we do not make promises that can’t be kept.
We act in just and even-handed ways.
Respect for others
We honour and value the abilities and contributions of others.
We are aware of the needs of others and act to meet those needs whenever possible. We also minimise harm whenever possible. We act in ways that are consistent with our commitment to social responsibility.
We will live up to these ethical principles, even when confronted by personal, professional and social risks, as well as economic pressures.